Sunday, October 4, 2009

Family bonding?

Of all things, the best part of today was being with family. Dad stopped by my place because it was impossible to get ahold of me otherwise (what with my phone dead and all). I wasn't looking forward to lunch with grandma, my uncle, and my parents, but I steeled myself. We all met at a restaurant in town, and I was the first one there. So I got to spend some time collecting myself alone with a cup of coffee before they arrived. Even better, they arrived one by one, easiest first (grandma). Dad and I even conspired for the one joke of the evening that got us all to burst out laughing. And if you know my dad and I, you know that sounds quite impropable.

Then I showed off my new digs and my landlady told them how happy she was to have me as a tenant. I had spent the morning doing yardwork for her so as to pay off part of my rent, so I'm glad she's pleased. And then we went to my parents' house for coffee and more talking. I enjoyed myself some more. And even at supper.

Building a strong relationship with my parents will take time. Today I know we came a bit closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment