Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I can do this

Today was day numero uno at my new job. What a change from my last occupation! From the start, I know exactly what my expectations are. Everyone is excited to be working for the organization. I don't spend a single minute outside.

My first task, as unbelievable as this sounds, is to compile the organization's policy and procedures manual. I don't know the first thing about making manuals, and I certainly have no idea what the organizations policies and procedures are. But by golly, I'm going to be their foremost effort by the time all is said and done.

The best part of my day was, after talking to the Executive Director, my supervisor and the secretary, reading through several sample manuals and trolling websites for how-tos...I felt a moment of clarity. I know how to make this manual. Not page for page of course, but I felt competence wash over me. After ten weeks of unemployment and soul searching, I've hit the ground running.

And how!

No comments:

Post a Comment